There had been rumors that former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo could be seeking the Republican presidential nomination in 2024.
He may have very well been CONSIDERING a run, but he's officially announced he isn't going to take any action this time around.
"Susan and I have concluded, after much consideration and prayer, that I will not present myself as a candidate to become President of the United States in the 2024 election," said the man who served as former President Donald Trump's secretary of State.
He broke the news during an interview with Bret Baier of Fox News on Friday, saying:
I’ve been blessed to have the opportunity to advance America in a way that fit the time and the moment. This is not that time or that moment for me to seek elected office again.
The 59-year-old said that the decision was a "personal" one and that he will remain focused on being a business leader and Bible school teacher.